Self and Society - Course Plan v1.9
Here's the criticism that I've heard so far from readers:
- It's unprofessional to discuss charity choice with students. Likewise for how much money they choose to spend. In general, teachers should not ask students to reflect on the details of their personal lives. (From a colleague)
- Kids will be more interested in the abstract, big ideas than in personal reflection.
- The trip to the food pantry/soup kitchen should be earlier in the year.
- There is redundancy in the course plan.
- There is insufficient attention paid to dispositions, emotions, thoughts and too much on actions.
While I'd appreciate ALL of your thoughts and criticism, feedback concerning the above are especially appreciated.
Thanks in advance, readers. I owe you one.