Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"Everything is a Remix"

I'm trying to put together something coherent for my students on probability. There are a lot of smart people on the internet, and here's what they've come up with:


All that I have of my own is a couple of very rough ideas for three-act problems on 101qs, but neither seems to be doing particularly well.

My job for the next few nights is to remix this stuff into something coherent. If you've got more resources, I'd love to see them. Toss them into the comments, if you don't mind.

Update: 

  • I bought 100 dice for about 20 bucks so that we can do some simulations in class.
  • I like Plinko. Here's my Act One, and Bowen's slides from NCTM contain a good idea for Act Two. Here's how he develops it in the PCMI problem sets from 2007:



No comments:

Post a Comment